Become a Medical Administrative Specialist Today
A medical admin specialist is a trained professional who provides admin skills in a hospital, clinic, or other medical office settings. They are responsible for making sure the office is running smoothly.
The duties of a medical administrative specialist are:
- Handling all outgoing and incoming correspondence
- Answering and routing phone calls
- Assist in filling insurance and medical forms for patients.
- Schedule appointments of patients with doctors.
- Collect samples from patients and send them for further testing.
- Record the details of patients and frequently update them in a filing system.
- Work in the medical records department.
- Ensure that the test results are well-kept with the patients notes for future reference.
Medical admin specialist possess skills that will allow them to work in various work areas and in many different medical fields.
Labor statistics say the demand for medical administrative specialists is to increase in the market over the next 4-6 years. This article was written in 2017. This will provide the admin a great opportunity to settle in a new career path confidently knowing they will make a great salary. There is potential for growth as the demand grows over the years to come.
There is no better time to get started in your new career. Join us today!
PS. For a full list of our high in-demand healthcare training programs check out our programs page here. And if you can’t wait another minute to get started on your future call the number in the upper right-hand corner of the website to speak with an admissions specialist today.