Medical Assistant Specialist
Becoming a medical assistant at US Colleges in an excellent investment in your future. Medical Assistants are anything but boring! Within less than a year medical assistant classes can provide you the skills you need to become certified and work in a vast array of hospitals, doctor offices, clinics, and many other areas. Our classes teach you to become part of a team which is a great way to earn a living in the medical field. Medical assistants are in high demand. There are many doctors who will benefit from having a great team of assistants to work with.
A medical assistant is a very important person in any health care institution. It has become an attractive and respectable profession. Medical assistants professionally and take administrative control of the health care institution they are in.
Some of the general duties of a medical assistant include:
- Maintaining and compiling a record of the patient’s history
- Measuring vital and essential signs like temp
- Helping the physician examine the patient.
- Ensuring that the instruments used by the physician are properly sterilized and ready before the examination of the patients starts.
- Giving injections and explaining to the patients the method of taking medicines.
- Arranging to take and preserve samples of blood for testing.
- Fixing the appointment for the next and followup visits of the patient.
Medical assistants constantly interact with other people and patients. They have to be able to multitask. All said and done, this is a noble profession involving dealing with patients in the health care industry. You will be working to lessen the suffering of patients. You need to be honest to your duty which will call for hard work and dedication.
The Clinical Medical Assistant program at one of our U.S. Colleges campuses can help graduates get on the right path to achieving a successful career.
Maripaz graduated from the clinical medical assistant program, inspired to pursue health care as a career from her own experiences.Read More >
U.S. Colleges hosted a social media contest and the San Diego campus took first place, winning a $500 donation to the Boys & Girls Club of Greater San Diego.Read More >
“Tony is an amazing member of the EMT Program Team here at US Colleges. He takes the position of Instructor to a level beyond.. said EMT Program Director Jack Goodwin.Read More >